Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pre-summers!

After a 10 week long stint at GIM, I came home for a fortnight break and was destined to leave for Bangalore. The first day I met the daashing, I pulled them to CCD… it felt good to be there after a looooong time. The familiar ambience, good friends, et al. I was back in my haven. The good part was that nothing had changed, the same old grudges between friends, same gossips, same planning of parties & picnics, it felt good again. I was kind of the centre of attraction for a few days now for two reasons; one- I had returned to katta after a long time and two- I was back to my old hairstyle. I made it a point to meet GIM people once a while. Most of them had never been to Mumbai before, so I was feeling some sluggishness while they pulled me to explore Mumbai. Fortunately Taps came to my rescue here.

I felt a little insecure when my training was postponed by 2 weeks and tried to realign it but in vain. Having had the time, I drove down to Pune and Ahmedabad, in our new GETZ. That is SOME car!! I also tried to keep the diet check ON by daily walks.. but in vain. I lost the muscle & gained the flab- thanks to hapus.

The best time was when Mek came down home. She came with a friend who befriended people quickly. Mek seemed a little wary to be her regular self in front of her friend.

We had a regular niteout at Pri’s place, with things going the routine sequence: fun; half-the-gang-leaving; serious sounding discussion; return home. The FUN element this time was Mak bringing in his keyboard and we all singing to his tunes… well literally (That guy has some stamina to play the keyboard!!) and the serious discussion was marriages & relationships. A good food for thought for those who care for it.

Sadness crept in again when I had to leave home. I went to Belgaum with dad n kaka and saw most of the proceedings of the selling of land which went on. It was really boring to go through all that. I had a quick dinner with them and departed for Bangalore. Every departure & separation makes me gloomy… be it my short trip to Pune& Gandhinagar or a long one to GIM or Bangalore. I guess the gloominess is more out of the inertia (which resists change) than out of emotional attachment with the place & people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home