Tuesday, October 16, 2007

ONE DOWN... WISHING THE OTHER WON’T BE DOWN… EVER!!

Alone on the floor, with all rooms empty, with the bathroom for my own … it felt weird. I never felt this boredom & insecurity. I missed my friends and my enemies … and more so, the HUMAN activity around me. Its 31st March 2007 and everyone had left for their homes/projects. The Admin block is deserted & I hardly find any signs of life. Today I realized how it feels to be really alone. I wonder how people spend their lives in isolation. It was as if I was missing a good part of life which I should have lived “when I was daring to UNBELONG”. What moti says is right … I am not an introvert; why else would I long for company. (I should break out of these shackles).

As I look past these nostalgic feelings & cynicisms of “God-knows-what-we-learnt-at-GIM” I can’t help but push my tears back. 10x3 weeks of ferry rides, discos, late-night dinners at far away places, whizzing on bikes, chats on gtalk, just-in-time-assignments, delegation of work to Sachith-baba, afternoons in the cell, differences amongst friends, lending a shoulder to cry on, looking for one too; not sleeping before 4 AM, walking into classes in half sleep; calling all subjects “global” and not scoring in them, acting like an intelligent tight-ass.

I guess the best days were those in December break… good placement week, Belgaum, Dandeli, Vagator, Chapora, Palolem, Boghmalo, Arambol... the best 10 days of my life. Good food, good people, good time.

When I look back over the past 10 months, I came here as a shy, timid, unconfident chap who couldn’t handle situations & who was not in control of his life. Today as I see myself as a PROUD, shy, timid & unconfident chap – the difference being, I am now sensitized to what I truly am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home